3.23.2011

Two Years Ago



We were told the worse news we could ever imagine. It felt like life just needed to stop for a while and let us enjoy our adorable baby. Unfortunately, life doesn't pause and slowly our baby's abilities started slipping and some completely vanished. We have saved Lucy's life more than I would like to think about and we have had many hours and even days of uncertainty. There have even been times that we have thought that Lucy would leave us.

When I think about all of the things we have gone through, I am completely overwhelmed with gratitude that Lucy is still with us. She is talking, singing, counting, and bossing us around. I never would've thought that Lucy would go to school, drive a power chair (and order one of her own!!), go to Disneyland and wear Jocey's hand-me-downs.

We feel so, so lucky that she is with us and doing well. We realize that we can't give Lucy everything this world has to offer but we do know one thing.

Lucy is loved.

She has all of the love that she needs and then some!

12 comments:

Deanna said...

♥♥♥ She is the luckiest girl I know. :)

Spring said...

Beautiful post. Made me tear up. Thanks for the reminder to never take life for granted.

JCTJCK said...

You are pretty incredible and Lucy is lucky to have the best parents ever. I love the videos, what a personality she has.

cindy said...

You are a beautiful family. Love to all of you

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

I remember that day. You handled it with such strength and grace. You (and the entire family) are such wonderful examples to us all. Lucy is lucky to have such a wonderful family and I know you feel lucky to have her despite the hard times. She just amazes me every time I read what she is up to, what she has achieved and every time I get to see a video. We love you guys and miss you tons.

Tina C. said...

I'm so happy Lucy brought me into your lives...Love you guys :))

Amie Orton said...

I love your writing. One thing for sure is this trial has beautifuly refined you as a human being. You are one the most beautiful people I have ever ever known ANd I get to call you family. I love you and Lucy (and everyone else too.) OH I'm sleeping at Aunt Raquel's house tonight! I haven't seen your parents and Grandma for maybe 5 years. Seriously!

Amie

The Ballard Family said...

Love you guys. Keep loving every moment. Not a minute wasted.

Victoria Strong said...

Yes, she is! So, so deeply loved!!! We love you Lucy!!!

brenley said...

made me tear up; i remember that day. lucy is so loved and has blessed so many people. that is such an adorable picture of your three adorable children. we are continually praying for lucy and for all of you! thank you for blessing our lives. we miss you guys!

and i can't wait for her chair to come! we listen to that mindy gledhill song almost daily and it reminds me of lucy driving around in her chair. so amazing and adorable!

Anne said...

When I read your blog it inspires me to be a better mom and hold dear all the little moments with my children. You are such a great mom who knows how sweet our little children are.

Molly and Jason said...

you are amazing....and so are your kids. much love to you all