3.16.2011

The last several days/weeks

are behind me. I am very grateful and happy and completely wiped out.

At one point we were minutes away from taking our 102.2 temp, 200 heart rate, 92 O2 level baby (who was on the highest oxygen we had available) to the hospital but after a special visit from our Home Teacher and a treatment, Lucy miraculously turned around and we kept her home (after speaking with her Dr.'s, of course). We didn't leave the house all week and my days were spent constantly caring for her, which is okay because I love taking care of her.

One day I was out with a migraine and then this morning, I woke up completely stiff and I tried to get up and then I passed out (so Chad says). My neck is very, very sore but at least I am functional. Okay, now that I am done feeling sorry for myself I will try to sum up our Disneyland Trip. I do keep a personal journal, so don't worry that I waited too long and now I have forgotten all of the details.

I have a feeling I won't get done tonight so here is Disneyland Part I.

We were so excited to get to spend this time with family. Dallin, Jocey and Lucy were so, so excited to see their cousins AND to go to Disneyland. We were stuck in traffic for a while so everyone else got to the park before we did.

Here is the picture of everyone, except for my dad and our family (My mom, sister, Celeste and her family and my brother, Ryan and his wife Meagan)

We settled in our hotel (which was on the park grounds) and I lead D and J in a huge circle (I may have lead them astray) and we made it to our family just a minute before Chad and Lucy and they did a treatment before they left, D and J were a little mad at me.
This is Lucy excited to see everyone, she even remembered all of their names.

We got the "accessible pass" which was super duper handy and we didn't have to wait in lines with Lucy.
She kept waving to my parents and saying "Hi Grandma, Hi Grandpa". It was so sweet.

And this was Lucy's reaction after every ride. She wanted more!

On Dumbo, she kept saying "Go higher, Mom!" In a really demanding voice.
And then she cried when it was over.

She still wakes up and says, "Go Disneyland, right now, right now!" We didn't get pictures but Lucy loved the Peter Pan ride and kept exclaiming "Wow!" Oh and I got to play night nurse and I was up many hours every night, so excuse the half-done hair:)

Chad was so sweet and every time Lucy needed to go to the hotel for a treatment/nap, he would take her so I could spend time with my family. They would stop at the store on their way to the hotel and spend tons of money on Princess movies, figurines, fingernail polish, books, etc. Lucy was in heaven.

3 comments:

Whit, Lindsey, Jonas, and Maggie said...

oh yeah! Just what I've been waiting for...you made my day! Love these pictures and seeing Lucy in the best place ever. Peter Pan is the absolute best!!

On another note I am so sorry that you've had such a hard week. Not fun at all. Hopefully things will only get better from here.

Lyndzi said...

Cherise, you are such an amazing mom. Your hair can look crazy and your little ones don't mind a bit. You are making some amazing memories with those kids. Keep up the good work.

Kari said...

How fun to get to go as a family. I dont blame lucy for being mad when the ride stops, disneyland is the best!