8.21.2007

Worn Out!!

ANYONE who has even met Dallin has seen his zip-up batman pajamas. He has been wearing them for about 2 1/2 years. At times he would wear them night AND day and other times they were worn underneath his clothes. The last few months, he likes to wear them at quiet time and at bedtime. The inside really looks like the bottom of a gross bathroom rug. Ewww. Well, when he put them on last night Chad kept saying how bad they stunk. I smelt them and it was SO BAD! This morning when Dallin was helping me put his clean clothes away, I said, "Dallin your batman jammies are getting old, I think that they are too little for you and they stink." He smelt them (he agreed) and I asked him if we should throw them away. He casually said, "Okay". Wow...that was A LOT easier than I thought it would be. We had a little photo shoot before he put them in the garbage. He seems to be doing okay. My little boy is all grown up and out of his batman pajamas.
Last Time
Good bye hole in my armpit
Holes from safety pinning of the many capes that went with this outfit
My favorite, saggy bum
Can you say Worn Out! I didn't even know it was that bad.

The Moment
Done!

6 comments:

Chad said...

Not that I am sentimental, but, it really makes me sad to see my boy grow out of that.

Lindsay Riggs said...

That is amazing that he didn't put up more of a fight! Those pics are great!

brentanderrin said...

i bet he is sad... well how are you guys liking cali? that would be such a fun place to live!

Cher said...

California is great. I like it more and more. The area we live is beautiful..real close to multi-million dollar homes that are so fun to look at. You should come visit...we aren't that fun but you could have a free place to stay!

Shauna said...

Oh man! That would make me sad. I was very near tears when Owen lost his special blanket (now he has a knock-off and doesn't know the difference). Well, that's awesome he Dallin was okay with the disposal!

Shalae said...

Ah so sad... there are few things I just can't convince Savannah to part with yet. Good for you!