Last night we came home late from enrichment (the kids and me) and I quickly got them ready for bed and as I laid Jocey down I caught a glimpse of blue in her nose. I grabbed a bobby pin and tried to get it out, it was big and hard and lodged pretty far up there. I tried different solutions,(pepper, baby booger sucker, saline solution)everything I could think of to either make her sneeze or manually pull it out. She was not taking it well and Dallin was so mad at me. He kept saying, "Mom! Don't her Jocey!" She was so sad, after I tried my different remedies she just laid on my shoulder and fell asleep. This morning I called around for a few hours, trying to find Dr.'s in our network but it seemed like nothing was going to work out. I explained to her that I needed to try and get it out again. (You can barely see blue in her left nostril)

I went to get another bobby pin and tweezers and I came back out to the front room and I couldn't see either kid. Well, I found them behind behind the couches, Jocey laying on Dallin and they were hugging each other tight. It was so sad/cute. He didn't want me to hurt her again. I actually took a picture of it.

When I laid her down, she was yelling, "Dallin, hold me!" Well I still couldn't get it out. I was afraid I was doing more damage. I finally got hold of my insurance, found out the information I was looking for and got an appointment. It took the Dr. like 5 minutes to get that thing out. It was a bead from the bracelet Dallin made in nursery a few weeks ago. On our way home she said to me, "Mommy, Dr. help me!" I am so glad we got that bead out of there and hopefully she AND Dallin learned a lesson about putting things in their noses.
3 comments:
Don't you love it when they do this! It can scare you to death, I'm glad you were finally able to get it out.
Yes, I just couldn't take it out. I tries several times but it is so hard to inflict pain on your own child!
That does not sound like a fun situation! But it is so cute that Dallin was feeling protective of his little sister! Hopefully they learned a lesson!
Post a Comment