8.18.2007

Self-Trained


So the other day we were at this Art Guild and I took Dallin potty. Jocey kept saying, "Potty too, potty too." I was just annoyed and we didn't have anything better to do so I stuck her on the toilet. Well, she peed. I was taken back a little and just thought it was a coincidence. That night, Dallin was going standing up and Jocey was standing right next to him and she was pushing on her skin because she copies EVERYTHING Dallin does. I was explaining to her that girls don't stand up, they sit and I sat her down to show her. I asked if she was done and she said, "No, mose (more)." I had to do something so I told her to holler when she was done. After a few minutes, she came running out of the bathroom saying, "Mommy I did it!" I looked in the toilet and there was poo in it. I was super surprised. The next morning she did it again. That night I put diapers on both her and Dallin for bedtime. She took hers off and said, "Mommy..ALL DONE!". She won't even get close to diapers anymore. Our old neighbors gave us some princess pull-ups and she will put those on sometimes but she only likes panties now. She has been going ever since. Of course, she has had a few accidents but I am surprised how fast she is learning. This morning she didn't even tell me, and she peed and then another time she pooped. She just gets me after to show me. Let's hope it continues.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Dang and I'm happy cause my almost 4 year old is finally sleeping without diapers! It's cause she's a girl, right? :) Well yay for you, that's awesome!

Shalae said...

Man you are so lucky, I wish I could just skip the potty training part of parenting.