So, besides having pneumonia, Lucy is very backed up. We had been trying to figure out her stomach problems when Dr. Yuan finally did an x-ray and saw the problem (there weren't any other obvious symptoms). Constipation is always part of Lucy's problems but we can usually maintain things with a daily dose of miralax. Anyway, the poor girl, she deals with soooo much and she has such a great attitude...
Chad: Lucy, do you need a suppository?
Lucy: No, they feel soooo ugly.
Melanie and I were putting a liquid suppository in Lucy when she yelled:
Lu: That is enough!
A while ago, when Lucy wasn't sick we were driving home from preschool.
Lu: Mom, can you put a supp-os-i-to-ry in my bum crack so that I can go poo?
Several times during her most recent issues:
Lu: I hate suppositories.
I was using the restroom...
Lucy: Mom, what are you doing?
Cherisse: I'm just using the restroom, I'll be right back.
Lucy: Do you need a supp-o-si-tory?
She has also been trying to hide the fact that she needs to go potty (for fear/hate of getting another suppository).
Cherisse: Lucy, do you need to go potty (I knew she did because the nurse left 5 hours ago and she had been asleep the entire time.)
Lucy: Nope
Cherisse: Are you sure? It's been awhile.
Lucy: Nope, I don't need to go.
Cherisse: Did the nurse take you potty?
Lucy: Ya, the nurse already took me, I already went. - I could tell she was fibbing.
I put her on the potty and 2 seconds later, she peed.
3 comments:
She cracks me up! Have they tried Senna syrup? The pharmacy has to mix it up. Works for Grace...mirilax never does the job and Grace is not a fan of suppositories. Ask about it...Hope she feels better soon. Miss you guys!
This is hilarious. Your overheards are the best. We enjoyed seeing you both and we pray she gets feeling better. She couldn't ask for better parents. We think the world of you guys.
Lucy is such a trooper. Hope things improve!
Post a Comment