Seven years ago, Chad and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. There we were sealed for time and all eternity and there we started our family of two-which would soon be 5! In the Temple we make promises to our Father in Heaven and He makes us promises in return. One promise we are given, if we do our part, is that our family will be sealed-which means that even after our life on this earth ends, we will still be a family and enjoy family relations if we keep the promises that we have made.
Salt Lake Temple, April '03.
About one year ago, just after we found out about Lucy's diagnosis, we had a Family Home Evening where Chad explained the Plan of Salvation to Dallin and Jocey. We talked about who we are, where we came from and where we are going. We talked about Lucy and her life here on earth. We also talked about Lucy leaving us and where she will go. We also discussed that even though we may not always physically be together that we are promised that we will one day be reunited and that not even death can seperate or break our family unit.
I have always had a testimony of The Plan of Salvation and Families but my faith in these principles has increased and the peace, perspective and strength it gives me is powerful. Even with this knowledge and truth, I realize that the life my little family is living is difficult. Often times there are moments and even days where the uncertainty and difficulty of life is discouraging.
Because of my knowledge of the Atonement and our Heavenly Father's Plan, I have peace and faith that my relationship and bonds with my family go beyond the grave. I am linked with my ancestors before me and I am linked to Chad and my children and posterity if they also make and keep these special promises. Although very difficult, I know that whatever happens to my little family we will be together for eternity.

We celebrated our anniversary after Chad got home from a Conference session. I got really fancy and put mascara on and did my hair:) We took advantage of having my sister here and we walked around downtown PA and then stopped to get dessert. We were so tired that we just sat at our table and not much was said. Infact, Chad brought to my attention that I was staring at the family sitting next to us-it was unintentional. We didn't last long and went home to go to bed. Fun, huh! Chad apologized that we didn't do something really exciting...are you kidding!! Chad doesn't realize that I am just grateful to spend a few moments with him alone.
While we were leaving Dallin cried to Aunt Melanie "My dad and mom left! They already went on a date when I was four!" Apparently we shouldn't ever leave them. The kids knew that we were going to go on a date, so during the day they tried to entice us to stay home and have our date around the table because they "would serve us whatever we wanted." They also offered to lock themselves in their room so we "could be alone."
So, Happy Anniversary, Chad!
11 comments:
Happy Anniversary you guys!! Cherisse I enjoyed this post! I enjoyed your testimony you expressed and see the mountains of faith you have. You guys have an amazing family and are a big example to all around you.
Happy Anniversary! You guys have such a beautiful and faithful family. So photogenic, too!
You are such a pretty lady with such a beautiful family! Happy anniversary!
What a wonderful testimony Cherisse! I am amazed at you and your constant faith. Your husband and children are very lucky to have such a wonderful mommy!
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your strong testimony. It brought grateful tears of my own to my eyes. :)
P.S. Does Dallin ever NOT have a funny thing to say? Wait...maybe he was serious. Super cute kiddos you have there. :) And that husband of yours is one lucky duck. You're FABULOUS!
that was perfect Cherisse. happy anniversary. I'm glad you got a minute alone. funny how good those rare occasions feel.
How exciting!! Happy belated anniversary. You are one tough woman Cherisse! You are a strength to so many who look up to you. Thank you for being a strength to me!!
Happy Anniversary! Your little family is so precious. I too am SO thankful for the Plan of Salvation and that we have that knowledge. Thanks for your testimony.
I love that picutre of Lucy just out of the tub in the previous post.
Holy crap I didn't realize that you have been married for seven years! Congrats! Thanks for sharing your beautiful testimony!
Happy Anniversary... I feel the same way about "alone time" and we did sorta the same thing on our anniversary.. went out to eat and just ate in silence, I just stared at him.... didn't even talk much at all. Happy Anniversary!
Thank you for sharing your precious testimony. Happy wedding anniversary!You are perfect for eachother! Love, Mom
Post a Comment